rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Earth Day

Earth Day

Good topic,

Besides the obvious hippie answers like growing your own hemp, and eating sawdust, I feel the number one solution is biking to work.

In 2012 I biked to work roughly 175 days. With 6 miles (give or take) roundtrip of commute, I rode about 1050 miles to work. With a 20 MPG car (in the city) I saved roughly 53 gallons of gas which results in $180 saved ($3.40/gallon) for that year. This is not counting the countless other trips I used with my bike instead of my car.

While my contribution may not make a blip on the radar screen whatsoever, collectively getting communities on board can have a chained reaction impact that can start to lead to improvements. More bike commuters can lead to > a healthier public > leading to a more health conscious public > which leads to healthier food choices, lower health care costs, more sporadic doctor's visits, and of course a smaller carbon footprint.

Of course this scenario is filled with idealism, but it is closer to fruition than it was 10 years ago.

Messages In This Thread