rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who needs a wife when you've got a slow cooker?

Who needs a wife when you've got a slow cooker?

Quote: (02-11-2014 12:43 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2014 12:29 PM)FrenchCanadian Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2014 11:15 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Damn, I have used the crock pot 2 of the last 3 days.

Pinto beans so easy. Goes with a lot of stuff, awesome with habanero hot sauce.

Tonight just finished root beer pork shoulder BBQ. Slow cook with the root beer. Once the meat is tender take it out and shred. Mix it with BBQ sauce. I mixed a light BBQ sauce and some, say it with me, habanero sauce. Coupled with a sweet and spicy pickle (rinsed to lessen the sweet).

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, this is addicting.

pulled pork >>>

The trick is really shredding the meat then adding the sauce, and letting it chill in the slow cooker for a while.

The key to making pulled pork in the crockpot is red pepper flakes, sliced onion, crushed garlic, and a dash of acv, worcheshire, and Liquid Smoke Hickory. Don't overdo the LS or it'll overpower. Once the pork is tender enough to pull apart, shred and transfer to a large pan. On medium low heat, add sauce, mix and simmer slow for about 20-30 minutes.

Eastern North Carolina is famous for pulled pork,and is where Texas Pete originated. I've spent many drunk, chilly nights smoking a pig and mopping on the sauce.

We cook a pig in two shifts. 1st shifts preps the pig and turns on the propane late night. The drinking and bullshitting begins. Shitfaced 6 hrs later, when the next shift comes on around 4 a.m. 1st shift passes out and 2nd shift commences to drinking. Pig is done around 10 a.m., 2nd passes out for a short nap, 1st returns to prep for the party at lunch. Then everyone gets up and joins the festivities. Good times.

edit-forgot the garlic. NEVER forget the garlic.

this is the kind of pork that I'm more used to, this may be why the root beer version didn't wow me. ACV in the cook and then I actually prefer doing a south carolina mustard sauce vs. north carolina traditional for pulled pork.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread