rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who needs a wife when you've got a slow cooker?

Who needs a wife when you've got a slow cooker?

Quote: (01-07-2014 12:58 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2014 07:24 PM)rdvirus Wrote:  

Cook a pork shoulder or pork tenderloin submerged in root beer in that bish for 6-8 hours, drain the root beer, pull the pork apart(should fall off the bone if you're using a shoulder), throw it back in there for 1 hour with the BBQ sauce of your choice.. load that shit up on a ciabatta bun and thank me later!

Easiest, tastiest pulled pork sandwiches you will ever have.
root beer? I've heard of using coke before but that was with beef...I'd like to try it but also would not like to have 3 pounds of shitty pork when I'm done.

I've cooked pulled pork this way at least 10 times and have fed it to groups of 10+ people. There are rarely leftovers.. it stays good for a few days anyways if there is. Give it a try man, one of my favourite slow cooker meals.

Here's the link I got it from. Pork shoulder is cheaper than tenderloin and is just as good if not better, although the recipe calls for tenderloin.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-pulled-pork/

The best part is that you can just switch up the BBQ sauces and have a whole different taste experience... Ciabatta buns are my personal favourite for serving it on but hamburger buns work too. I toast the buns beforehand but that's all up to your personal preference.

Pulled pork is traditionally served with coleslaw either on the side or on top of the pulled pork.. definitely goes well together.

Conceived to beat all odds like Las Vegas

Messages In This Thread