rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

butthurt feminist defends fatness

butthurt feminist defends fatness

Good Lord, that comment section is such a trainwreck - I had to read it.

First off, for all the complaining about "morality policing" they do, the gender warriors/fat acceptance/etc. have no leg to stand on. Honestly, these sorts of people far outclass any of the mainstream bible-thumpers, in my opinion. One comment mentions, "[the field of public health] sends out moral crusaders to bring everybody in line..." What exactly would be the point of the field if they weren't educated on the appropriate standards of health, how to get people to make better health decisions, etc. Moreover, would you level that same criticism on Queer Studies students? Women's Studies? Which brings me to my next point.

They assume that the science comes after the moralizing. This right here might one of the most annoyingly feminine traits in the world. They cite the definition of morality as, "conformity to the rules of right conduct." Well, no shit if (which it is) the science that states obesity is unhealthy is correct. This probably rubs the garden-variety social constructionist raw because it limits their ability to reform the world into how they want to be. I've always thought the blank-slate mindset is often fueled by narcissism - which is clearly on display in this post.

It is clear that these pro-fatties feel guilty about being fat - they repeatedly talk about "made to feel bad about being fat." Well, first, nobody can make you feel anything if you don't already have some predisposition to it. Second, instead of healing themselves and finding ways to gain real self-esteem - in other words, outcome independence, they demand that everybody else change. Even the title is evidence of this. Half of the points are infantile - "#17 Making Any Statements About Childhood Obesity" - suggesting somebody that doesn't want to change themselves (lose weight because they clearly feel guilty about being fat) or learn to deal with any statement/action that makes them aware of their fat guilt - which drop under the umbrella term, "hate."

You could sum up the entire post and comment section with: "Science is hatred if it doesn't make me feel good about myself. Also, if you are an eco-warrior, don't drag me back in the ocean if I'm at the beach."

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Messages In This Thread