rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

early feminist literally a paranoid schizophrenic

early feminist literally a paranoid schizophrenic

Quote: (04-19-2013 04:43 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Not good to take pleasure in another person's misery, man or woman, the New Yorker article had a good summary of why some female rights awareness was necessary, I don't use the word feminism because it implies something against men, but most men are much better off in the USA than in someplace like Saudi Arabia.

The tougher among us may do well in EE or South America, but the majority here hasn't moved yet, and feet speak louder than words.

I tried to live in Ukraine ( about 8 months ) and it was too bleak and simply dumb compared to someplace like California. The masses of bright, proactive people in the USA that create superior technology, art, and a fairly transparent bureaucracy (relatively speaking) just aren't there.

Here's the New Yorker's ideas on why women needed to bitch. Also,
thanks to OP, and this is not directed at you, but "TL;DR" (too long, didn't read) is not an intellectual argument, many soundbyte bloggers seem to think it is. .:

"In the late nineteen-sixties, Firestone and a small cadre of her “sisters” were at the radical edge of a movement that profoundly changed American society. At the time, women held almost no major elected positions, nearly every prestigious profession was a male preserve, homemaking was women’s highest calling, abortion was virtually illegal, and rape was a stigma to be borne in silence. Feminism had been in the doldrums ever since the first wave of the American women’s movement won the vote, in 1920, and lost the struggle for greater emancipation. Feminist energy was first co-opted by Jazz Age consumerism, then buried in decades of economic depression and war, until the dissatisfactions of postwar women, famously described by Betty Friedan in “The Feminine Mystique” (1963), gave rise to a “second wave” of feminism."

That said, this woman clearly had signs of psych problems even amidst her early publishing accomplishments:

“Unless revolution uproots the basic social organization, the biological family—the vinculum through which the psychology of power can always be smuggled—the tapeworm of exploitation will never be annihilated,” Firestone wrote. She elaborated, with characteristic bluntness: “Pregnancy is barbaric”;

To equate family structure with exploitation is a priori absurd, there would be no one to commit exploitation, be exploited, or be "liberated" if there were no families.

The above quote has a strong paranoid flavor in that it equates processes essential to human existence to conspiracies.

I'll say it again "Feminism enslaved women and liberated men". I'll be poolside, get to work bitches.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Messages In This Thread