rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Daytime sleepiness? Snoring? Cure

Daytime sleepiness? Snoring? Cure

I've been told I am very a heavy snorer, and I've always had trouble getting up in the morning, felt very sleepy after lunch...basically only had windows of time during the day when I felt really alert, and spent a lot of time fighting off sleepiness.

I finally decided to do something about it a few weeks ago. I ordered a mouthguard to wear at night, designed to let you breathe more easily. It holds the lower jaw forward slightly, which is supposed to keep the back f the throat from collapsing and blocking breathing.

Man, what a big difference. I feel much more rested in the morning, and my after-lunch crashes have turned into mild lulls. If you have the problems I had, I highly recommend you try one of these.

Downsides are that it does seem to exacerbate my TMJ. I have some pain in my jaw joints when I wake up. It goes away quickly though. So far not a big problem, long as it doesn't get any worse. I've also had to change my sleeping position. I prefer to fall asleep on my stomach, but with the nightguard in that puts too much pressure on my jaw.

I also grind my teeth, so I am a little concerned how long the thing will last. So far so good though.

I'm not affiliated with the maker or trying to market anything, just thought I'd share something that helped me in case anyone had the same issues. There are various brands and styles of snore-prevention nightguards; I bought the SnoreRx.

Messages In This Thread