rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iceland

Iceland

Just got back from Iceland, here´s some info I wanted to have read before going there:

- In Reykjavik EVERYTHING CLOSES at 01h00 am from sunday to thursday (bars and clubs included). Me and my buddies arrived to reykjavik on a monday at 23h00, it looked like a ghost town. Nobody, literally nobody in the streets.
Reykjavik is a small village, the town has around 200.000 inhabitants. It looks like a ski resort.

- We stayed in Laugavegur street in the 101 neighbourhood, it´s the main street where all the clubs, bars, restaurants and shops are.
We stayed here:
http://www.rentinreykjavik.com/luxurious-and-cozy.php
We payed 28euros pernight/person, and were 4 guys. Be sure to negotiate with the owner cause he wanted 35 euros/night.
Googlemaps don´t work in Iceland so the best site to use is:
http://en.ja.is/kort/#x=500000&y=500000&z=0

- The best nights in my opinion are thursday and saturdays, friday is not as good. In the other days of the week, the best is to rent a car (go to the tourist center) and enjoy the (non human) natural beauties of Iceland (Blue Lagoon, Golden circle, etc).

- Thursday the best club to be is Barrin, not Kaffee Barrin. Barrin is a club that has chicks between 18 and 24 (mostly college). The club should close at 01h00, but stays open till 02h00. If you´re lucky enough, you will be invited for afterparties in houses. There´s a good one in Eregata street, a girl invited me to go there but instead I went home with two others (in the end it was the wrong option).
During the day the best place to hang out is Kaffee Paris, the waiters are amazing.

I kissed a hot girl by saying:
"I´ve never kissed an icelandic girl", she responded "We have to change that".

Be aware of the girls ages, a friend of mine (who is 28 years old) kissed a 16 year old girl, that looked like 26. Of course we made fun of him the rest of the trip.
More seriously, we talked with a portuguese guy that was working there, that said a friend of him, when visiting him, had legal problems because he had hooked up with a girl that was underage.

- Friday and saturday the best clubs are:
B5 (the best on saturdays), Vegamot, Oliver. There´s also Apotek. Apotek is the kind of club were the ugliest and dirtiest girls go. So if you haven´t been lucky and want to save the night go there.
There are no queues on fridays, but on saturdays you will have to wait minimum 40 minutes to get in any of this clubs after 01h00 am.

- Iceland is definitely not expensive, I think that besides Berlin and Eastern countries, it was the cheapest european capital I´ve been. The Icelandic Krone is in deep shit. It worth 0 outside Iceland. No bank will change Iceland Kones per euros. Having an icelandic Krone bill or a monopoly, is worth exactly the same outside Iceland. It devalued around 40% since the crisis. Icelanders are hungy for euros.
(The icelandic banking crisis is also due to corruption:
http://www.grapevine.is/Features/ReadArt...ndic-Banks)

- "Zure Heart Sight", means "you´re beautiful", say it to an icelandic girl and you will surely get something.

- Iceland girls above 25 years old are generally shy. It´s easy to understand why. It´s a small village and they don´t wanna get the tramp stamp. Another friend of mine was kissing all over a girl in the bathroom. After he went with her to the dance floor and she changed completely her atitude to cold bitch.
Also don´t be surprised if you pass by a girl you´ve banged the night before and she will not even look to you.

(- Be sure not to miss eating in the restaurant "Seabaron" the lobster soup and the whale kebab. Don´t try the rotten shark!!!).
Tarantino is a god in Iceland, everybody loves him. they have pictures of him in almost every store.

In conclusion I have to say I expected more out from Reykjavik. If you´ve never been in eastern europe (specially Ostrava or Daugavpills), Iceland girls and nightlife are great. But after bathing in the eastern europe wonders everything else looks worth.

If I would go back I would have booked my ticket only from wednesday till sunday.

PROPS TO ROOSH FOR CREATING THIS FORUM!

Messages In This Thread