rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cancer and Statistical Illusion

Cancer and Statistical Illusion

Well as a cancer survivor myself. (1 year remission from a Stage 4 Hodgkins-Disease Lymphoma) I can say that it sort of an illusion. Cancer is treatable but there is no cure, unless you had mine. I fell under the 1% of Cancers that are curable which are Hodgkin's Disease and Childhood Lukemia. Many people like some have stated here, think of cancer as one universal disease, but in fact there are lots of cancers, all different from each other. 99% of all cancers arent curable, BUT they can be treated with chemo with the hope of having a 5 year survival rate. Oncologists' goal is to give the patient 5 more years of life but dont expect much more. Many patients have lived far more than 5 years and many the chemo didnt even work.

Also what many people dont tell you that the chemotherapy is very hard and toxic on the body and many side-effects are secondary cancers, for instance with the chemo they gave me im at a higher risk of obtaining Acute Lukemia also down the road. Cancer is a tricky thing to deal with and usually it not always works, and people pay thousands upon thousands to live another 5 years and many die anyway. Real stuff.

Messages In This Thread