rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spartan Training Program

Spartan Training Program

Quote: (04-21-2013 08:26 PM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2013 09:32 PM)LibertarianBootyHunter Wrote:  

Keep it simple ... unless you've been lifting for years, 80 % of your gains will come from a few basic lifts and good nutrition.

If i were you, i would start with Squats, Bench press, Military Press, Pullups and Bent over rows.

This!

Spartan

Squat
Deadlift
Military press
Bench press

bent over BB row
BB curl
BB calf raises

All of these you can do with a barbell, an adjustable squat/bench rack and a bench.

Until you can bench at least 80% of your own body weight, squat at least 125% and deadlift 160%, then don't bother with much more.

Your next peice of equipment after a barbell should be a foam roller, and I'd debate that's the right order.

I don't see the problem in this routine though.

I have already been lifting weights for between 5 to 6 years so I know proper form and have good strength already. I am just looking to take the intensity and regularity with which I hit up the gym to another level.

This routine includes all the "core" workouts you mentioned to focus on and then some. So maybe for someone just starting out with no previous lifting experience that would be good.

Anyway, I just finished the first week of going 5 days in a row and I feel great. More energy throughout my days, more spring in my step.

Working out definitely trumps an inactive lifestyle. It is interesting that even though you exert so much energy at the gym you actually gain that back. Where as opposed to sitting on your couch you just become more drained.

Messages In This Thread