rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manosphere Reaction to Boston Bombing

Manosphere Reaction to Boston Bombing

After much consternation, I decided to create a new thread on the Boston bombing, but specifically, the manosphere's reaction to it (or lack thereof). The current Boston thread on here was very useful in talking about breaking news as it happened...this is a little different.

So the bomb hit yesterday over 24 hours ago. There has been little, to none, to zero coverage of the attack on our corner of the web. Let's run through a list of authors and their twitters to look for any type of reaction at all.

Roosh - no reaction on site or twitter
Roissy / Heartiste - one post on twitter? back to regular scheduled programming of beta cuckolding/underclass spawn/frame control
Danger and Play - nothing on either
VK / Nexxtlevel - nothing on either
Matt Forney - nothing on either
Krauser - nothing on either

GLPiggy - no opinion, reciting news
LionofBlogosphere - opinionated (anti-muslim) and political reporting

Those are the sites I check, not sure about anybody else. But driving home yesterday, I really got the sense that the red-pill crew really has jackshit to say about this. If anything, the community would put this event into the "Other" category which coincides with things like race debates, gun control debates, politics, war debates, etc. Reading through the Boston thread, the conversation turned to "Well I am a veteran, so STFU" versus "These bombings happen all the time, but we only care in the USA."

My point is this -- All of these writers are smart, intelligent, capable guys who I like to read and enjoy their take on the world. I am no playa with a passport...But I enjoy the debates, racist flame wars and all the shit that goes along with having a big group of people with a wide-ranging set of ideals having serious discussion about life and the world we live in. I feel like the manosphere is sticking its head in the sand with regards to this particular incident by ignoring and putting it into the "other" category.

I come to the vague conclusion that geopolitical debates always always always come back down to race flame wars and political flame wars. Maybe that's all human beings boil down to in the end as well, I don't know. I just wanted to point out what I thought was a little weird... as of right now, 24 hours after a MAJOR terrorist attack on a HUGE US metropolis, the manosphere has nothing to say.

It might be just the fact that it's too soon. We don't know who did it yet. We find out it's a home-grown operation white boy, then one side is going to go nuts. We find out it's a Middle Easterner, then the other side is going to go nuts....maybe people are just waiting on the facts so they can take their respective ideological sides and get to work bashing their opponents.

Ultimately, it's just a little weird to be reading typical Game posts and frame control stuff on a day like today, acting like nothing insane happened yesterday.

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and take care of yourselves and the people you love (was that beta?). Good luck.

[Image: american.gif]

Messages In This Thread