rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you start a career in US or Russia if you were a US JD with a Ru citizenship

Would you start a career in US or Russia if you were a US JD with a Ru citizenship

Quote: (04-16-2013 07:47 AM)chamele0n Wrote:  

What would you guys do in my shoes? Would you go tough it out working in the US if you had a US law degree or would you just say "f** the law degree" and start a finance career in Russia?

I'm talking with a guy in Novosibirsk who wants to GTFO and move to Canada, and more than that to Toronto! Don't be so quick to run away from your perceived problems. The US is a huge country...why not move to NYC. Don't tell me there are no girls there. Move to a "slower" legal market in the south...how about Charleston? There was a thread about it indicating that there is great talent and friendly girls. The foreign travel aspect of this forum can sometimes make it seem that there are just no "good" women in America. This is a country with 300 M people and lots of cultures, you can surely find a pocket where you will enjoy the women. Living in Russia will not be a picnic. You will make shit wages, put up with shit government and shit conditions, and shitty attitudes too.

JD is a highly un-portable degree. Hell, you couldn't even take a US JD to Canada and be able to practice without doing more tests and exams.

BTW how do you know you can "relatively quickly" become an attorney? Do you have standing offers from firms, or is this something you think? Because the legal market is shit, and will continue to be shit. The good old days are dead and over. Unless you have specialized skills (science degree), you will have trouble. Finance may be a bonus, I'm not sure.

Messages In This Thread