rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm going to say a good thing about American women, seriously

I'm going to say a good thing about American women, seriously

Quote: (06-09-2014 12:25 AM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

I get it from hipsters / university-aged students (most younger girls in my area), so under 25 is about right.

I don't think they intentionally do it to challenge me, they just don't seem to notice their surroundings much. Plenty of them walk into traffic, in front of trams, into a pole etc. Most of the time they're fiddling with their phones.

You know how they have this mentality that every man must be watching out for their safety? It's the same one here, like they own the streets and side walks, so they don't pay attention to other people.

In crowded spaces like trams, bars etc. instead of tapping guys on the shoulders and saying excuse me can I move pass you, they either shoulder-check guys and charge through, or stand behind the guys and roll their eyes until someone (white knight or another older woman) notices and asks the guy to move for them.

I notice they do it more to guys, but my 60 y.o mother gets bumped out of her way by those princesses too!

That's the young millenials, who we hope to turn out better than their predecessors.

Honestly, I haven't noticed it to the same extent here. I can vouch for the entitled-princess attitude prevalent among university-aged girls, however not to the same extent as my current surroundings.
Last time I noticed anything like the latter was over the weekend at a festival, although the person in question was a 60-something lady in a wheelchair with her minder, trying to push through people of the same age group!

To be fair, I think this is a phenomena that occurs in both guys and girls here. Men may not be able to blame their smartphones (although it happens) but I think it caught on more so here because Australians tend to be more masculine in culture even by Western standards. That and the fact that we've also projected more of a "don't give a shit attitude".

Messages In This Thread