rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sir Stirling Moss FTW

Sir Stirling Moss FTW

In a nutshell, he says women lack the mental aptitude to win in Formula1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsp...a-One.html

Naturally there's plenty of feminist outrage over his remarks. One such person who is griping is Williams test driver Susie Wolff. Here's the thing about Susie Wolff. She's a test driver for Williams for one reason only. Her hubby Toto Wolff is a shareholder in Williams F1. And to my knowledge, I don't believe she's ever participated in a Friday morning practice. So they're not letting her near the car when it's time for serious business. She's competed in DTM but has never won a race.

You know why I think women can't really compete in high level racing? It's their attitude and their goal. Too many of them are consumed by the "I am woman, hear me roar" bullshit. Ask Danica Patrick what her goal is and it probably changes daily. I can easily picture her saying something like "to show these guys that racing isn't just for men." OTOH, ask Fernando Alonso what his goal was yesterday in China. He'll tell you "to win." Vettel, Hamilton, Raikonnen, etc will all say the same thing. Who they're beating is a secondary consideration. Winning is the primary focus. If it isn't, you've got no place in any race car.

Messages In This Thread