rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel horror stories

Travel horror stories

Traveling can be awesome. However, traveling can be a bitch. Waiting in lines, dealing with idiot TSA agents, taking shoes off, going through the 1.8 million dollar machine that you paid for, delays, cunty spinster service reps that don't need no man that will fuck you over if you aren't as polite as your local preacher. The fat fucks walking around in yoga pants, sweat pants, and of course pajamas. The even fatter fucks riding on golf carts creeping up behind you and making a loud beeping noise. The bleached blonde glued to her cell phone not watching where the fuck she is going. The illegal immigrant that just has to fucking sweep right under your feet while you are trying to sleep. Gate changes, lost luggage, motherfuckers screaming on their cell phones, crying babies. And to think, flying used to be glamourous.

So what are your travel horror stories?

My worst one is when I went to Brazil. I flew up to Charlotte for my connection.Before I left my local airport I hit check in and got my boarding pass from the woman at the front desk. "Hmm, says something here about a visa, well, here's your ticket!"

When I got to the gate in Charlotte I asked the dude about my boarding pass from Rio to Sao Paulo. He took a look at my passport.

"Where's your visa?"

"My ID is right there"

"Yeah, I see that, but where is your Visa?"

"What are you talking about? I need a Visa?"

"You need a Visa to get into Brazil."

"So there isn't any way I can get into Brazil?"

"Not today there isn't. How old are you?"

"Twenty-five"

"Oh, well you're still young. You'll have plenty of time to get to Brazil."

I gritted my teeth and walked away. I had no clue I needed a visa. The travel agency didn't tell me and neither did my buddy in Brazil. I was an idiot for not thinking of looking into this.

I wasted two days of vacation time and I had to pay an extra 500 dollars to change the date of the flight, but eventually I got to Brazil.

TL;DR: Stream of consciousness rant about airport. Had no Visa and couldn't get into Brazil.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Messages In This Thread