rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dental Health/ Dental Industry- Ask me Anything

Dental Health/ Dental Industry- Ask me Anything

Quote: (04-29-2013 11:57 AM)DVY Wrote:  

@KGalt- keep in mind- published in 1920. This was documented almost 100 years ago. Thats insane. Some of his stuff is pure fantasy, but I am sure he will raise some valid points. Ill check it out eventually.

Oh yes, I'm well aware of that...but that's an advantage to his book, as his goal was to study the differences in native populations on their traditional diets versus those that had transitioned to Western diets. In the 1920's, there were still a large number of populations around the world that had not been changed by globalized processed food availability.

But the most compelling thing about the book is his comparison photography. In every locale he visited, he took copious photo's of both natives on traditional diets vs. those that had eaten western diets. The photo evidence itself is quite damning of Western Diets...

...and this was before the era of High Fructose Corn Syrup and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils were in everything!

From the Swiss Alps, to Africa, to Polynesia, Dr. Price went around the world. His documentation of the evidence does seem to back up his contention that most of Western dental problems are based on the diet.

As he quotes in Ch 2:

"Dryer, (6) in discussing dental caries in the pre-historic South Africans, makes this comment:

In not one of a very large collection of teeth from skulls obtained in the Matjes River Shelter (Holocene) was there the slightest sign of dental caries. The indication from this area, therefore, bears out the experience of European anthropologists that caries is a comparatively modern disease and that no skull showing this condition can be regarded as ancient."

Messages In This Thread