rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dental Health/ Dental Industry- Ask me Anything

Dental Health/ Dental Industry- Ask me Anything

How can you make a dentist, or periodontist, accountable for their quality of work? Legally, I've learned there is a lot of leeway in what is acceptable, regardless of what they were hired to do.
I had implants placed that everyone shakes their heads at, placed too facial, required bone grafts (when placed they broke through the bone facially), the temp caps are still on because the ceramist does not know how to work with them, temps being thinner than ceramic the temps are aesthetically better.. What I learned through my lawyer is that since the implants do not need to be pulled -- they are functional, but not aesthetic (the reason they were placed, the reason I went through years of orthodontics only to have a botched implant job) -- it is considered "good", the periodontist has fulfilled his roll, there is nothing I can do. So, my understanding is as long as the work is "functional", as long as that implant is not going to wiggle or fall out, it is not malpractice, even though desired goals were far from achieved, the margin of error seems extreme to me. If I ever have a dental work again, I want greater accountability for their quality of work than law finds acceptable.
Interesting thread, thanks for taking the time to answer the posts.

Messages In This Thread