rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dental Health/ Dental Industry- Ask me Anything

Dental Health/ Dental Industry- Ask me Anything

I've been on this forum a little while and noticed a lot of very mediocre to downright terrible advice.

I am at work now and have some down-time during the day. Ill try to answer as many questions as possible.

Heres some thoughts/pointers to maintain a "life-time of oral health"

Acidity
1) Reduce/neutralize the acidity consumed during the day. Acidity degrades teeth.

Thankfully, enamel is quite strong. Unfortunately, all of our are teeth are fully formed (crowns at least) by the age of 16. This means that you only get one chance to maintain good teeth.

Heres what soda does to a chicken bone....

Soda is very acidic usually about 2-3 on the pH scale. Granted, nobody douses their teeth is soda for a week or so straight. But adding up the times you drink soda over your life-time, one can quickly see that this is a damaging habit.

Solution- Asking people to quit soda/acidic drinks (coffee, lemon drinks, juices, etc) is impractical. Thus it becomes important to incorporate habits that minimize the damage. The body's way of buffering this acid is your saliva. Your saliva washes away the acid and helps buffer the acidity of your mouth. An artificial way of helping this buffering is swishing one's mouth w/water after a meal/coffee/soda.

For those living under a rock heres a pH scale[Image: ph_scale_2.jpg]

Next down-time- Human physiology of Saliva Buffering i.e Stephan Curve

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Messages In This Thread