rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which IT skill has big long term potential?

Which IT skill has big long term potential?

Quote: (04-10-2013 07:31 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Quote: (04-09-2013 11:48 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (04-09-2013 01:04 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Software. No contest. You make a big data analytics software you will make $100K a day. Chances of average guy doing this 0.0001%.

Create it and they will come is a fallacy. Well, I should say it is more like hitting the lottery.

There are a ton of talented programmers that can create software but they cannot market it.

I am not talking about a software system I am talking about big data analytics. The networking space will become virtualized. You will see a wave of tech innovation where the routers and switches are run virtually.

Networks = the new servers.

Just like what VMware did to servers, someone will do that to networking. The person who does that will be a very very rich man. I've place a few bets on who will. Tough call though, but it's the only thing that matters in tech over the next decade because you can "run it" on the Internet which crushes social networking platforms if you're a black hatter now you've got a full virtual platform running serious heavy shit

People underestimate the impact, it basically means a real hatter can make $1M in a day no problem. Who cares if people don't want your product your already virtualizing their revenue = good night.

Cisco went down that path several years ago. The Nexus 1000v is a software-only switch that runs under the VMware ESXi hypervisor. Its purpose is to extend the switch fabric all the way down to the VM level.

There is now a 1000v Cloud Firewall (virtual ASA security appliance) and a 1000v Cloud Services Router.

So yes, this is the way forward in the data center, although physical network hardware isn't going extinct anytime soon.

Messages In This Thread