rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming

Quote: (04-04-2013 09:42 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

I have a buddy who told me once about his experience with sleep paralysis. It involved seeing dark shapes and figures moving around the room trying to strangle him. Crazy what the mind is capable of..

Yeah, when I was younger I'd hear loud whirring noises, it would feel like something heavy was pressing down on my back or chest(still get that now to some degree), sometimes shadowy things out the periphery of my vision. or often an innocuous object in the room like a lamp would look like a monster. I had a really weird episode a few months ago. I have a plant that sits on my nightstand next to my bed, it looks like a little palm or something, but I was having a dream that I was on a subway and all of a sudden there was this weird shape that appeared in the air and in the dream I was like, what the fuck is that. And then as I woke up, it was the shape of the plant. I guess my eyes were open and somehow visual stimulation was being interwoven with the dream. When I was in my early 20s, I had a Bob Marley poster above my bed. I had this sleep paralysis state and I was looking up at the poster and Bob Marley was shaking his head side to side so fast it looked like a blur. I just freaked! But I couldn't move or wake myself up. And the weird thing about it is the only part of my body I can control are my eyes and my breathing. But I try to keep my eyes shut when it's happening because any little thing in the room that looks unusual will look terrifying and you always have this ominous presence like something is coming toward you. I've never taken LCD but this is what I'd imagine a really bad trip must feel like.

Edit --

For some reason this almost never happens at night. It's mostly likely to happen as other have said above, during daytime naps when you're feeling drowsy, especially if you fall asleep in front of the TV. And for some odd reason, it has NEVER once happened in my life when someone else is in the room. It only happens when I'm alone.

Messages In This Thread