rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

5x5 or 3x10 or does it even matter?
x5 or 3x10 or does it even matter?
Quote: (04-02-2013 05:22 AM)Peregrine Wrote:  

Not a personal trainer, but I'll throw my hat in for Rippetoe and Stronglifts. I'm using the latter to rebuild after a long injury hiatus. It's quite good for a beginner. Mehdi's point is "you're increasing the weights every workout, so that's incontrovertible proof that you're getting stronger". The theory's not the key though. It's like game. Instead of worrying about the perfect opener, go approach. So instead of worrying about the perfect set#xrep#, pick a system and go for it (with emphasis on proper form). Your commitment to lifting is more important.

Quote:bojangles Wrote:

what should I do to get lean? will 5x5 help?

Trying to lose fat or muscle? For fat loss, lifting's great. 5x5 will help. To lose muscle, cardio.

thats sweet, I'm not even fat, I'm trying to get ripped, I've been doing 5x5 after a 2 month hiatus. I have about 15/16% fat trying to get down to 10% or less.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Messages In This Thread