rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Donating to charity

Donating to charity

Quote: (04-06-2013 12:25 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

I donate 35% of my income from every paycheck. It's called taxes. My donation goes toward providing food, money (in the form of EBT), and subsidized housing to poor people and even healthcare for the sick, poor and elderly.

When the government stops taking so much and gives me a choice as to how I can spend the money I "donate," then I'll consider giving more.

Until then, it's survival of the fittest.

This, pretty much. My social security and medicare/medicaid donations are doing wonders supporting those without savings and those 94 year old grandmas that need $30k joint replacements.

But seriously, maybe once a year I'll log on to Charity Navigator and find the top 3 most efficient charities and give them some cash regardless of its cause.

A tangent ramble: I think it was NPR that had a brief segment recently about a 'what if' Americans were able to check a couple boxes on their tax return to decide where just 5% of their paid taxes were to be allocated. Now we all know DC scum would never let that happen, and that it's relatively moot since we spend more than we take in, but it was a really interesting thought experiment.

Messages In This Thread