rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Be a stand up comedian

Be a stand up comedian

So I hit my first open mic tonight. As I was directed by the clubs website, I arrived an hour early to sign up, brought 5 friends to help promote the club, and ordered more than my two menu item minimum. I learned that no one can really enforce any of those rules very well, but I naturally tend to follow rules until I have a reason not to.

I was one of two 100% noobs. There were about 25 comics waiting to go on stage, and they pulled names out of a hat to determine the order. I got picked 2nd. Fuck. Was really hoping to see a couple more performances first.

The lights were very bright. There's a huge group of black people in the front that account for nearly a quarter of the entire audience, including 2 particularly sexy ass mocha bidges staring right at me. Fuck again. Was hoping to make my Big Black Cock joke without a bunch of mean looking black dudes sitting nine feet from me. [Image: confused.gif]

Despite only having 3 drinks in my system, I feel surprisingly comfortable on stage. It was awesome to see the result of my years of hard work approaching girls when I realllllly didn't want to. After watching myself on video and doing a fair analysis, I can honestly say I was by far the most confident of the 25 amateurs who went on stage, including the emcee. Going into a bar solo and trying to approach groups of girls is way more nerve racking. If you can roll solo with any type of success, you can totally do this.

I was scared I would run out of material, but I barely got through a 1/3rd of what I had prepared before the 3 minutes 'times up' light came on. Only got to talk about beating off. I remembered the bullet points of what I wanted to say, but completely forgot the things I was trying to fine tune, like specific words, timing, stuff like that. Most of my jokes came out pretty shitty, but I got the whole crowd to laugh heartily a couple times and managed to improv reasonably well when I forgot what I was saying, which I was proud of.

My first thought of the whole event was unbelievably awkward. It was painful and beautiful to see young people (the youngest was 19) to come out on stage and bomb. Some bombed more than others, but we all more or less bombed. After trying it and knowing how difficult it is, it makes me hate spineless drunken hecklers 20x more than I already did. Some people were so bad it made my skin crawl. But all the men and women who showed up had the balls to get on stage, which is something we could all feel good about.

I tried to post my three minute video here, but the file is to big. PM if you want to see my perfromance.

Edit: https://youtu.be/r3WGTdmBhlg

Messages In This Thread