rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working a blue collar job

Working a blue collar job

As an Australian, you have tons of options as its one of the best countries in the world to get into a blue collar, trades type job. There's so many options out there it will boggle your mind but as Arcais suggested, you're better off getting into a skilled trade as opposed to doing the labour intensive grunt work.

That being said, a lot of trades type work happens inside too in less than ideal conditions, especially if its clean air that you're looking for. I've spent quite a bit of time working in stinky oil refineries that spew out carcinogens which I"m sure aren't too healthy for my body, but then again smoking a pack a day isn't either.

One line of work which requires a guy to be outside almost 100% of the time is pipelines and there is a ton of work in that field in your country. Some of the trades involved in pipeline construction and maintenance are; heavy equipment operators, welders, weld inspectors, pipefitters, industrial insulators, etc.

Messages In This Thread