rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting Reamed Out Work

Getting Reamed Out Work

Westcoast: I appreciate your comprehensive response. Since you're a finance guy, I'm in an FP&A role, and this guy would be considered on an equivalent level. A real North Jersey Dbag. My mistake was not following a newly enacted internal process. I didn't follow the internal process and jumped ahead and did my thing (quicker). No one got hurt, no $ lost, no clients upset.

Now here is the thing: I have evidence of several instances where we have lost money, upset the clients, etc with this guy and his group. I have been playing it cool for a while, but I'll admit this thing ticked me off. While he was right in calling me out for not following an internal policy, he could have done it after the meeting.

Also, I should mention that I have recently gotten a promotion and a few direct reports along the way, yet this guy still can't treat me with respect. He on the other hand, has gotten a new manager in the past 6 months.

I like your point about letting others find out about his mistake, but in this one particular instance, he has not gotten client sign off for the work that we have done for them and they are refusing to pay us. What's the best way to bring this to light?

I feel like I'm swimming with sharks, so I am trying to get my house in order first.
[/quote]

Report back in a week. Try to have face time with your boss. See if he seems fazed by it. If nothing else, just talk about the Knicks or something. Probably what will happen is nothing.

But I think you might a problem and threat on your hands. Certainly you got a challenge in the "dominance hierarchy". What did this guy have to gain by dissing you in a meeting if there was no cost to him by your actions?

But like West Coast says, anger displayed at work will fuck you up worse than anything else. It certainly was the worse thing I ever did and it can cost you, if not immediately then eventually.

So pay very good attention this next week. Maybe even write down impressions and then come back in week and let us know. If he is acting like he alpha'd you and pushed you down a number in the dominance hierarchy, then tell us.

Let me make clear what I think you are saying. A peer, at the same level as you, made a negative statement about you in a meeting because you followed a process other than the prescribed/proscribed process for doing something. and your boss was present when he said what he said? And the thing he called you out on had nothing to do with him directly? And he was more or less "ratting" on you?

Messages In This Thread