rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook is now De Facto REQUIRED

Facebook is now De Facto REQUIRED

It's like not having a phone if you don't have it. You're weird.

I am in NorCal and I was talking to my 25? year old Mexican grad student roommate.

I asked him "If you tell a woman under 30 that you don't have facebook and don't like it, will they think something negative?"

He was a little puzzled by my question ( I get the same from all guys under 30 who I ask about this) and nodded.

"They'll think you're weird?" He agreed.

Then what happened is the most telling thing.

He started–unprompted– to defend Facebook, to explain why it's good for keeping in touch with people in different place, the most common point people who are somewhat traveled use.

Young guys are actually actively proselytizing for Facebore. They don't know how it pollutes the social environment.

So now I'm trying to figure out the most low investment way to tell chicks if they ask ( I think I should NOT bring up Facewhore first).

One way I do this is to have pages for my creative projects (movies) and say "Here's a page for my current project" deflecting from my not having a personal page at all.

I thought being Alpha and saying it sucks was macho enough to at least get a neutral response, but now it seems like it is so mindlessly accepted you are as weird as a person who doesn't have a phone. IF you admit you don't like Facewhore, they suddenly pigeonhole you as someone who is hard to get hold of, someone who is hard to interact with etc.. and their interest will fade.

This is of course only true if you can't direct the interaction from the beginning so that Facebore doesn't come up. Maybe if you can sexualize things enough so dealing with you is a real thrill, you can avoid the pseudo-life issues that come along with Facebore.

Messages In This Thread