rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I need help getting out of a contract

I need help getting out of a contract

I have a decision to make and need some advice. I entered into a contract, and I don't want to honor it at all.

Several weeks ago I bought a boat from a guy I know. The bank was about to take it from him, so he sold it to me at an extreme discount. I cleaned it up and tweaked it a little. I knew I could sell it for way more than I spent on it. Because the economy is bad, I figured I would have a hard time finding someone to buy it myself. I signed an agency agreement with a yacht brokerage that requires me to pay 11.5% of the total sale price. This was 7 days ago.

I love everyone, and think everybody should be allowed to do whatever they want. I also believe that if someone commits a crime, and does their time for it, they're cool with me, to an extent. The boat broker man seemed normal at our initial meeting. Monday I googled him I found out he did some deviant and perverted gay shit over 15 years ago, and spent 4 years in prison because of it. He is on the freaking sex offender registry. His crime was against a child. Then he violated his parole picking up a prostitute in a designated prostitution free zone and went back to jail for a year. The prostitution free zone is Chinatown here in Honolulu, and that's where the transexual and man hookers are. On top of that, I googled his email address and his picture is on some man for man gay dating website. Even the name of his boat brokering business is gay.

He was supposed to come out last Thursday and take some pictures of the boat to put on his website, and get the process started. He called an hour before he was supposed to meet me and had some dramatic story about why he couldn't show. I went ahead and took some pictures, and put an ad on Craigslist. A man responded right away. I took him for a test ride on Saturday. He loved the boat, and paid me for it directly on Monday. All of the titles and registration have been transferred. I got seven times what I paid for the boat.

The gay boat broker called me this morning and said he was finally able to come and take some pictures tomorrow. I told him I was busy. I did not tell him I sold the boat, or that I knew he was a pervert.

These are my positions:

1) 11.5% of what I sold that thing for is a lot of money to pay someone who did absolutely nothing. Sure I did a little selling, but I just advertised the boat in the right place at the right time. That guy was buying a boat last weekend, regardless. I just got lucky. Had the gay guy listed it on his website maybe the man I sold it to would have gone through the gay guy? I can't wait around for the broker to get off his sex offending ass, I'm trying to make money.

2) I don't support sex offenders, gay or otherwise. I absolutely don't support crimes against children. Sure the registry exists, but I don't check to see if everyone I meet is in it. I would never have allowed this man to act on my behalf in any way whatsoever had I known he was a pervert. Beyond the registry, sex offenders should be required to disclose to the public that they are freaks whenever they do business.

I faxed the contract to my damn lawyer, and have been told that legally I have no argument for not paying this guy. I am also liable to be sued just for advertising the boat myself. The pervert can easily put a lien on property I own.

Most gay people I know lived fucked up lives. But then again, most of them are bi-sexual girls. Maybe he doesn't even have the money to sue me? It costs $275 to have a lawyer go to court for me. A lawyer can keep delaying the proceedings and every time I have to go I'll out this guy as a sex offender in open court. Maybe just threatening him with that will back him off?

Have any of you guys involved in real estate ever stiffed a broker somehow?

Truth be told, I'm supposed to pay this guy a little over $13,000. I'd much rather spend every dime of that making sure this pervert gets nothing. Of course I don't want to do anything violent, even though it would be easy. But I am willing to be as dirty as necessary.

Some of you are business experts, and most of you are geniuses. Please give me some creative tips.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. This situation is really pissing me off today.

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread