rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

MBA vs. Master's

MBA vs. Master's

Quote: (03-20-2013 07:15 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Just passed my 1.5 year mark at a large Wall Street financial institution--first gig out of college.

Thinking about what I should do next.

I know, I know. I should quit my job, hit the gym (more), take zinc, move abroad, and start an internet business.

I was torn between a JD and an MBA.

I ended up cutting my teeth at an eCom firm, then an agency.

Now, I'm running a large agency and have a bunch of eCom websites that all do well. Plus a handful of physical products, one of which is landing in retail.

The real question is whether or not it's worth it for you to get your MBA right now. How will your work experience play into things?

Whenever an MBA with 1.5 years of work experience tries to tell me about business, I nearly die laughing.

Starting a business is the tits. Don't worry about being an "internet business." Figure out how you can provide massive value for people/companies and roll with out. How much can you charge for financial consulting in NY? Probably a lot. Then, you can pick your own clients and leave when you want.

That said, if you really want to go back to an institution, just make sure it's worth your time and money. Don't settle, ever.

Messages In This Thread