rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tips for being more frugal but having a great lifestyle

Tips for being more frugal but having a great lifestyle

I agree that you should spend at least as much time figuring out how to increase your income as you do figuring out how to cut costs.

But in the spirit of the thread my suggestion would be to look more carefully at things you are so sure are saving you money that you don't even evaluate them. As an example: When shopping a while back I checked out the canned Tuna I had put in my trolley more closely. It worked out that the price/gram of drained weight was almost the same as the price/gram of a mid range cut of steak (A grade Beef, not Horse). Sure the steak will get lighter when cooked, and isn't as convenient as canned Tuna, but I don't know anyone who would have guessed that they are so similar in price. I don't know about you but I'd rather be eating steak than some crappy canned tuna were every last ounce of the original tuna oil has been expressed and horrible canola oil added back to make it taste like something.

So, ja, just because something seems cheap, or even if it is cheap, it may be worth your time to look closely at what you are getting and compare it to the seemingly more expensive alternatives.

Messages In This Thread