rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tips for being more frugal but having a great lifestyle

Tips for being more frugal but having a great lifestyle

Hi guys,

I've enjoyed a pretty comfortable two years financially, making good (not great) money that has meant i could travel, go on holidays, go out a ton etc.

Internet marketing has become really volatile though and I can't rely on my income being as high as before. I have built a solid business off the back of google traffic so it's not completely reliant on that anymore (word of mouth). But from that alone I'd probably only make around $30-40k but would have plenty of time to have a FT job on a similar salary.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if people had any thoughts/tips on good ways of saving money, spending less and still having a great time.

Three from me to start-

1. Don't get a mobile phone contract - I bought an unlocked second hand iPhone 4 for $250 and chuck in non contract sims that are dirt cheap for usage.

2. Get rid of the car - if you can. They are big cost every month and if you can feasibly make do without one, it saves a ton. Biking, walking all do the job.

3. Avoid taxis when pos - last summer when I was staying in Chicago I got like 2 taxis pd on average or something. I could have just walked, especially as it was nice summer weather.

4. Go out on week nights to get specials on food n drink

5. Generally don't drink as many drinks per night. Other bonuses in this too.

6. Skip starters and deserts, stick to mains.

7. Get rid of cable/satellite tv - Go Netflix and standard tv.

Would love to hear some thoughts and tips from others...

Messages In This Thread