rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread

Quote: (03-22-2013 04:34 PM)dulst Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2013 03:09 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

gold is different, possession is decentralized and untraceable with modern tech.

Bitcoin is totally decentralised. ....... the people who run blockchain - which is the service all bitcoing transactions go through

so "all transactions go through the people who run blockchain" but it's decentralized? And untraceable? EVERYTHING in the internet is traceable if Skynet troubles itself to do it. Do you even know how name servers work, what an IP number is, what logs are? How hard do you think it is for the Secret Service to set up anonymous proxy services? To strong arm existing anonymizers?

You are confusing Skynet not caring with Skynet being powerless.

And those people can't be gotten to? I am willing to bet as the pyramid scheme they created is escalating up will be getting a lot of their assets out and into hard currency, gold or whatever.

I admit I don't like doomsayers-- because they never give a date when they'll be wrong.
So I admit I'll be wrong. When the US Government recognizes and allows bitcoin to be processed
through US Banks.

If it crashes-- well it was the gubmint's fault.

Why Because the big bad Gubmint has this in the Constitution:

The Congress shall have Power......
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

From their website, emphasis mine:
The price of a bitcoin can unpredictably increase or decrease over a short period of time due to its young economy, novel nature, and sometimes illiquid markets. Consequently, keeping your savings in bitcoin is not recommended. Bitcoin should be considered as a high risk asset, and you should never store money that you cannot afford to lose with Bitcoin.

So you see people's devotion to a totally abstract form of value--essentially exactly the same as a fiat currency-- as a positive thing?

You've heard of tulip bulbs, right? At least that was a tangible thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Not sure exactly, maybe someone could correct me, but I think piracy could be stopped too if Skynet wanted to-- the whole internet depends on the main nameservers.

Skynet is not powerless over you, they just have better things to do. You are not important. Yet.

Here's how China keeps things under control:

http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=232

Messages In This Thread