rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

And you thought there was an issue with American male masculinity...

And you thought there was an issue with American male masculinity...

I think the main problem here is that most of the sentiments and judgements posted here are based on tourists from certain countries. And depending on where you are, the demographic represented by these tourists changes considerably.

For example, go down to any big Greek party island and the impression you get of the Brits is that they're loud, drunk, obnoxious, and generally stupid. Compare that to the British tourists that you'd see in a city renowned for culture and art like Barcelona and you'd get a completely different type of tourist, and as a result a completely different impression of the Brits.

If I were to generalize based off the type of american tourist that I've encountered, I would describe americans as loud, brash, very beta males, aggressive females, generally unstylish, and with no signs of being in shape. Younger people included. But the fact is that these are only the tourists, and therefore not very representative of the greater country.

I've heard some mention of Dutch tourists being 'beta' or something similar in this thread, and I wouldn't doubt your experiences, but it is extremely unrepresentative of the larger population. The people who travel a lot to exotic destinations represent a very specific subset of the population. There are plenty of boorish, beer-drinking, gym-going dutch guys (very similar to the kind of frat bros you get in the US), but these are just not represented in a lot of these places I've seen being mentioned.

Loving the discussion so far, but I just wanted to stress this factor in determining our perception of countries and their people.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

Messages In This Thread