rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

And you thought there was an issue with American male masculinity...

And you thought there was an issue with American male masculinity...

Quote: (03-07-2013 04:50 PM)LucienM Wrote:  

One thing I always liked about this forum, is I didn't have to read this typical nonsense about Americans, that's all over the place over here. I'm in northern Germany on the border with Denmark, have been for 3 years, and basically - it's incredibly lame. Shot myself in the foot by locking into this area. The big cities are of course great, but get off this supposed 'the beaten path' (where I am - cow country), I'd say the 9/10 ratio of people pigeonholing you because you're american and not giving you a chance is pretty accurate. I don't really post on here, so I don't have a reputation, and I really enjoy reading what the Europeans have to say on here for the most part.. but look at the Euro sentiment posted in this thread. These guys are fucking cool and rare, and still got this kneejerk reaction going through all the usual bullshit stereotypes. Really, many (too many) women folk over here have no fashion sense, many of them can't speak English almost at all, 'plump' would be a pretty good word (none of them ever work out and all of them drink this thick beer and eat god knows what), they all play foosball (or kicka) at the lame bars and dig this constant barrage of music basically straight out of the 80's. Most of the guys are straight rude-ass dicks, who giggle with each other and pour beer directly into the tops of their heads every weekend and prob always will, act goofy when drunk or try to be badasses in a bright blue sweater with some logo at the lame local discothek. One word in English they all know for sure is redneck, but they don't realize that they seem to fit the European version pretty well. Then there are the Birkenstock wearing faux-intellectual types (who just think as long as they're ultra left wing about everything, well, then they're right about everything. Simple, eh?). There are of course a lot of cool people, but I can't get far with most because of the left wing anti-American worldview that's practically a requirement (to one extent or another). Thank the baby Jesus my new/current roommate is cool as fuck and I can bullshit with him because shit was really starting to suck.

I will admit my German isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. Decent.

Advantages? Female international students, the rare cool German chick or two, and a few lovely ladies hailing from all over the world settled in Germany who like my guitar skills (like this stunner originally from Iraq who asked me for my number last night). Now, I also have figured out how to enjoy myself here a few miles from the Danish border, but it's like holy shit I can't think of anything that's good about this place, no joke - ok, maybe the pretty little harbor with sailboats for a month and a half in summer. Aside from that... yeah. I'm not trying to talk shit about 'Germans' per se, I've met a lot of cool Germans in my travels and because this is the kind of place that if you know what's going on, you move away from,- move somewhere like Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Bremen etc. Just don't give me this shit about getting off the beaten path in Europe to see how it really is and that it's some wonderland - the beaten path in Europe sucks. really. bad. (& nothing but beautiful grey skies 3/4 of the year - fuck that!)

Wasn't anything in the OP that didn't strike me as being pretty close to the truth as I see it here. Buncha hollister wearing nimrods walking around with their mouths open. Afterwards, I did notice some Europeans letting out the usual US-this-US-that whine while enjoying directly or indirectly billions of dollars of US taxpayer money for decades on end to this day (CSDP is a fucking joke) that will never be asked to be paid back in any way, shape or form. That I did notice. I'm not trying to say that I'm some sort of fucking statue of Zeus or that I give a shit about German cinema (I don't - French either.. Scandinavian is good), but I expected better. I expected people who played bass guitar in Europe to be able to do it without fucking up every five seconds thinking they're the shit and fucking up my band (for one). Anyway, in a few months I'll be back on the beaten path here in Germany, thankfuck, somewhere where at least a decent amount of the people are approaching normal, laid back, open minded, and cool, and I'll be able to get serious again. I cannot wait. /rantfuckover

p.s. - my language? I'm just pissed I feel like I wasted the last three years when I could've been in Hamburg Berlin etc. Feel so sorry for me ha

Damn.

Thought about hitting the South of France this summer?

Messages In This Thread