rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fuck Hostels!!

Fuck Hostels!!

Quote: (03-06-2013 10:02 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-06-2013 04:17 AM)michelin Wrote:  

OG, wtf are you still doing in that hostel? I would have gotten the hell outta there by now.

Also, what are RVF members doing...in a DORM? [Image: confused.gif]

Yeah I normally don't stay in hostels, but I'm not a rich man, I am traveling for 6 weeks throughout S. Mexico and sometimes I like to mix it up and get private rooms in hostels, to save some money and be in more of a social atmosphere.

Also, I am not staying in a dorm, I am staying in a private room, but it doesn't have a private bathroom, hence the reason why my shit got jacked when I left my room for 3 mins. to go to the bathroom.

The only upsides for me for staying in hostels are saving money, meeting chicks, and being in a social atmosphere. Michelin you are probably some baller with a high paying job making well into the 6-figures, but not everyone has paper like that.

After staying here I got 6 nights in Playa del Carmen in a $75 a night hotel room, which is really stretching my budget. In all I'm going to spend about $5,000 in 6 weeks of travel, which is going to take a hit to my savings.

Furthermore, I am a pretty intorverted guy and hostels make it easy for me to be social and meet people. When I stay at nicer hotels it's usually all, older people and couples, which doesn't exactly nurture a social atmosphere. Also it doesn't help being in Mexico with minimal Spanish, it's not really easy to make local friends when outside of here in Merida, almost every where I've been people speak jack shit for English.

Maybe this answered your questions, but I will say for sure, staying in a dorm is straight up bunk and I will never do it again. I may consider staying in hostels again, but they for sure have to be a private room with private bathroom, because I don't want to fuck with this communal toilet situation ever again. I didn't want to before staying here and was about to not book this room, solely on that premise, live and learn I suppose.

Rent an apartment. you "just moved here" cheaper than hotels too.

Messages In This Thread