rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stockholm Report with Tips...

Stockholm Report with Tips...

First 99% of people speak very good english here. Even most of the grammas. [Image: smile.gif]

Ok, so only one day in but I have been milking everyone for info all day and taking notes for you guys.

SO landed in Stockholm, went to the info booth section. There I bought a direct ticket to down town trainstaion stockholm 118 krona 30 mins. (8 to 1 USD right now) the direct train would have been 20 mins but costs 250kr not worth it IMO. Also bought a 8 trip bus ticket strip for around 190. In hindsight if you are going to be here for a week or so riding the buses and trains(which are very good) get the monthly unlimited card. It lets you ride everything and is 600 kr about 80 bucks but would def end up being worth it if you are going to be bouncing around (esp the embassy like I was)

I had to go to the embassy because the cow at immigration manhandled my passport, ripped the cover apart from the pages, then looks at me and tells me my passport is broke and I need to go to the embassy to get it fixed, as though it had always been like that. BITCH. If you care its bus route 69 east to the Embassy from in front of train station.

So at the bus stop/train station. There is a little shop where you can buy a sim chip for your phone 100kr, then 100kr to charge it with minutes.

They have a bunch of party cruises here, that apparently are super cheap (so tells me from the train operator I met) like 10-15kr because they know you are going to spend a lot of money on the cruises. They only really advertise to the locals. I found the websites and the prices are quite more expensive, but in another travel newsletter they said the same thing, getting these cruise for 10-15 Euros this time.

One tip the guy told me is often roundtrip tickets are cheaper then one way (if you are going from stockholm to Tallin, riga, Hellsinki) because they know you will be spending lots of money on the boat. So if you are going one way, look at the two way tickets and just dont get back on. He recommended talinksilja cruises, or for more party style cruises (uh yeah!) viking cruise lines. Let ya know tomorrow.

Women wise, lots of slightly above average girls, beautiful eyes, I didnt make it out tonight as I had a very tiring day adjusting and dealing with Embassy and running around to get a new temp passport.

Also on weekends he said the train tickets are 2 for 1 from the airport.

I iate lunch in the northern party by a big glass building and a huge towering round-esq water fountain/sculpture.... go up to the fifth floor for the lunch special, its a roof cafe, the food looks and tastes pretty gourmet and it was only 80kr with salad bar/drinks included. Great deal

Hotels are VERY expensive, but plenty in the old town. I am staying at Best Hostel Old town (+46 8 440 00 04), but I hit two others that were full. I would def recommend booking in advance as I was just wandering around looking for a place. I got a small prvt room for 500kr(that is by far their cheapest prvt room) also bring your own bed linen, they charge for it.

Few others

Gustav af klint + 46 8 640 40 77
2 kroner hostel +46 8 22 92 30

If you are using a local # and sim delete the +46 and at a zero before the 8

People here are super SUPER friendly. Everyone went out of their way to talk to me and be nice, and I stopped a LOT of people [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread