rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting bigger without protein powder?

Getting bigger without protein powder?

Quote: (02-27-2013 04:35 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Re: Overtraining. Vast majority of guys are undertraining rather than overtraining. How many guys do you see who make gains in the gym, year after year? Very few. That's because they've been fed hysteria about overtraining and don't train with intensity.

Anyone every play high school football. By the logic of the overtraining crowd, two-a-days would have killed you. Instead your body got used to it, supercompensated, and you were fine.

Yes and there are also plenty of people who stop working out because they're putting in effort and not seeing the results. They are overworking certain muscle groups and not allowing their torn muscles the chance to regenerate properly therefore getting a less than ideal ROI.

This forum is not about being like the "average" or "majority" so I don't tailor my advice to them. Overtraining does exist and is very much a concern for those of us that actually work out. You could lift weights for two hours a day 5 days a week plus more and be fine (I do this myself btw, not knocking that particular regimen whatsoever). I could also take those same two hours and change the exercises to the point that you are very much overtraining.

Messages In This Thread