rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you don't support WMMA UFC doesn't want you!

If you don't support WMMA UFC doesn't want you!

At least that is what Trent Reinsmith from bleacher support says in his article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/15430...-the-times

Quote:Quote:

However, it should be noted that some did not share White’s enthusiasm for the event. After the night had come to a close, Fuel TV’s Ariel Helwani caught up with White, who had the following to say: “It’s 2013. I never realized the hate that some weirdos have in this country about women in sports until we did this fight. It’s sickening and it’s ridiculous.”

What happened to personal taste?

If you think Dana White is referring to fans outside of the MMA bubble, you’d be partially correct, and that’s somewhat easy to understand. Let’s face it, not everyone is going to enjoy seeing two athletes stand inside a cage and attempt to do bodily harm to each other, male or female. That’s just an undeniable fact.

The more puzzling group of “weirdos” are those that are in fact fans of MMA that vomited out their opinions on UFC 157’s main event, some of which were collected here.

http://ramondestroys.tumblr.com/post/43874620065

I’m not the most enlightened person, but when it comes down to this thing called MMA, I don’t care who’s fighting inside that cage or ring. If they’ve trained to do so and are talented enough to do so as professionals on the biggest stage, I’m going to watch and I’m going to do so without judgment or hesitation. Why others are looking down at a women’s fight is something I can’t comprehend.

Well, maybe I shouldn’t say that. It is something I can comprehend, and it’s pretty ugly and dumb when you boil it down to its core, which seems to be some type of mentality that says women (or is that girls?) don’t belong in combat sports.

That’s an indefensible position. An outdated and indefensible position. Anyone that tries to justify their sexism (and yes, that is what it is) through some convoluted reasoning is lying.

So if you are not a fan of WMMA it is because you are sexist, there can be no other possible reasons according to Trent, how about this one Trent i find it fucking boring, the same way amateur events can be boring in comparison to pro events.

You know when White goes off and tells fans that he doesn’t want their money? I would venture to guess that the people who refused to purchase UFC 157 because it was “two chicks” in the main event would fall squarely into the group that he would be glad to never receive another dime from.

Trent has become the official spokesperson for Dana White, really? So because i did not spend MY money on purchasing UFC 157 viewing you think Dana White would never want me to spend money on future events?

What really shocks me about all of this is the fact that White is one of the most influential figures in sports. One could argue that he is the most popular figure in the UFC and his fans are usually rabidly loyal to the UFC boss, at times blindly supporting him to a fault. That they didn’t follow his lead on this move is pretty depressing.

So trent thinks that fans should just do whatever Dana wants them to, who is this guy? Supply and demand, people vote with there money. People have the right to spend THEIR money on what they want and not waste it on garbage.

At this point it seems like WMMA is going to be around in the UFC for a while and that’s nothing but a good thing; for those that think otherwise, we’ll be here waiting for you when you catch up with the times.

According to trent if you disagree with him you need to "catch up with the times."

Pretty shocking article, apparently fans are not allowed to have opinions. I am not going to blindly pay for events which i have no interest in. WMMA is a business move by the UFC and a good one at that, but it is one i have no interest in. The arrogant tone of this article is particularly annoying as is the way he assumes the role of official spokesperson for Dana White and the UFC. The UFC is a business and Dana White is a business man, trust me he wants your money no matter what.

Messages In This Thread