rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

personal training as a part-time/sideline gig?

personal training as a part-time/sideline gig?

People in the fitness business--is it possible to dabble in personal training, i.e. do it as a side job a few hours a week?

I've been lifting weights for a long time now and feel like I have quite a bit of knowledge. I spend a lot of time in the gym anyway, I've though now and then that I ought to take this interest of mine and do more with it. I'd do it more for personal enrichment, to meet new people, to get status in the gym environment...nothing wrong with extra money but I have another career so I have no ambitions to move into training full time.

When I looked at job postings, though, it did not seem like gyms want someone like me. They seem to want people who are going to come in full time. Is it possible to do it as a hobby?

I probably wouldn't be the kind of trainer who makes gyms a lot of money. I see myself doing more, "Here's how you squat, here's how you deadlift, come back and see me in a month," than as standing over people counting reps.

Forgive me if my questions seem naive, I don't know much about how the industry works.

Messages In This Thread