rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Holiday leave in America?

Holiday leave in America?

It really varies with job and sector. The main thing teachers in the US love about their jobs is getting June, July and August off. Plus another 25 holidays off during the other 9 months that class actually is in session.

There's also a lot of companies that enforce mandatory vacation time, usually with a factory floor shutdown and the entire company going dark Christmas to New Years. There's some accounting tax thing that encourages companies to carry over as little vacation as possible year to year. I also see companies enforcing mandatory vacation use every quarter as a soft alternative to furloughs.

[Image: bus+slate+003.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread