rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need help with brainstorming. How to attract interns?

Need help with brainstorming. How to attract interns?

I've come across the tropical mba website before, and it seems they are doing good work, but I can't remain interested in their video podcasts because it comes across as contentless inspiration with no actionable items.

I understand that a lot of guys pay good money for inspiration. There are people whose job description is to be an inspirational speaker. Nearly 20% of their paid forum members flew out to Thailand for a meetup, and they make huge $ off of their monthly subscriptions for other content.

But my business model is not enthusing other people. I don't sell info products, and I don't sell the dream. I sell stuff.

When I was a kid I sent a $5 bill in the mail in answer to a classified ad that promised me $ for stuffing envelopes. As a response it told me to put an ad in the paper promising people big money for stuffing envelopes, in return for $5.

The business model for selling the dream of a location independent lifestyle is a good solid income, but I can only listen to ten or max fifteen minutes of enthusiasm before I tune out and want to do something more productive with my time.

I don't have any problem with motivation. I don't need inspiration. I'm not sitting on my ass waiting for someone or something to give me some ideas or prod me along. If anything I have to limit my inspiration. I'm loaded with inspiration - it's not commodity that I would pay others for.

Is there something I'm missing? I admit I've not been patient enough to delve into what they are offering. And a great many guys find value in what they offer.

Messages In This Thread