rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

FML Pt. 1: I need to fight a DUI

FML Pt. 1: I need to fight a DUI

Quote: (05-27-2010 01:33 AM)La Familia Wrote:  

I know what you mean IshGibbor. While my charge isn't a DUI, it's bad enough to affect my chances for med school and I can't have that. You have already taken the first step by getting a lawyer to help you fight these charges. 3000 is steep but it's all about how bad you want it off your record. For me, my lawyer told me I only had to do 50 hours of community service to have a fair chance, but I have ended up doing over 100 before my court date in early June. I suggest that you talk to people who know you from different aspects of life--i.e. professors, sports coaches, counselors--and ask them to write you a letter of character. The goal is to have a solid set (4-7 letters) that describe how this one mistake is not a fair judgment of your character. They can then go on and talk about how they know you, and the accomplishments you've achieved in their eyes.

Best of luck to you my dude. 2009 and 2010 have been shitty for me up until recently. I was lucky enough to find this forum where everyone is motivated to succeed and to just keep going as Roosh puts it. Keep your head up.

Thanks for the information man. I am glad to see you did some community service to help you look better in the court's eyes. What was the charge you had and the result of the hearing? Did you get probation and a fine? I didn't think of the letters of recommendation but I would love to use that route if I can if it makes my character look better.

Messages In This Thread