rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

FML Pt. 1: I need to fight a DUI

FML Pt. 1: I need to fight a DUI

Quote: (05-24-2010 09:40 PM)IshGibbor Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2010 07:11 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Damn that sucks dude, I don't think there is a clear answer for your questions, or golden prediction to the outcome of your situation. I guess as cliche as it is to say, keep your head up (positive attitude), I am always good at giving the advice, but not always great at following, but you really need to not get to caught up in "what ifs", if you are like me (also poly sci. maj., stoner, etc.) then you might be prone to over-analyzing shit. I think it's good to be analytical, but I often times over think shit, get all worked up, when in reality I should just be chilling and keeping my mind clear, and staying stress free.

As far as your situation, it sucks because the south is a fucking police state, and the system seems to be against you (esp. if you are a minority), but you got to go with the best laywer possible, and worry about paying it off later. I'd say take it one step at a time, continue studying, while working and saving money, at the same time be planing/working on future plans for improvement. I feel this is ironic that I am typing this shit, because everything I am saying to you, applies to me and my own life situation. Anyways, I think the changing of the appearance is the right step, it sucks we got to conform to an extent, but you're chances of getting a job looking clean cut/GQ are higher then if you are rocking dreads, afro, longhair, etc.

Keep applying to new jobs constantly and just accept that most will not pan out, also apply for other shitty jobs like the one you got, if they pay higher, 10 bucks an hour is still better than 7, right? Even though you got caught up by the man, if you got connections, or "street/hustling" skills, get down with flipping some greenery on the down low, as a side source of income. Either way you are going to have to hustle to get your situation in the right direction, no sitting around feeling down about shit, get out there and make it happen.

Finally, get the hell out of the south (no diss if you are born/raised there), but that place is just too conservative, close minded, racist, police state, etc. Plus there are way more opportunities other places like D.C., Chicago, etc. Anyways, best of luck man, hope everything works out for you. Oh yeah, and unless you had been drinking more then a few drinks, or your state has a crazy low blood alcohol limit, I would have taken the breathalizer, I got pulled last Thurs. same situation, did the FST, and took the breathalizer. I had 4 drinks and was pretty buzzed, but got lucky when I came up under the limit, the cops let me go. It sounds like your boy, gave you some bunk advice.

Great advice and thank you for replying.

I look back and wonder if I should have taken the breathalyzer or not but considering how the cop was treating me and the fact I had a few drinks I was not going to take the chance. That said, I am worried about my license the most since that would make going to work far more difficult. I got the best lawyer I could get and I am hoping for a favorable result. Until then I am studying my ass off and going towards graduate school which is all I can do. I am just praying I get judges that will understand my situation and give me a chance. I would be happy even if I have to drive to work and school for a year under a limited provisional license. I just need things to go my way this time for once in my life.

Thats what I thought.

Sorry, I really wanted to sympathize with you from your first post, but I worked a year as an EMT, and any sympathy I had for drunk drivers got permanently erased and replaced with rage. I saw some things that were beyond awful. You would also be surprised to learn that approximately 99% of all people who drink and cause a MVA do so after having "2 beers," and it's almost always on their way back home and that this was the only time they have ever done it.

About the job situation, I am sympathetic, the only thing you can do is chin up and work the alumni network of your school, and get any experience you can.

Messages In This Thread