rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

FML Pt. 1: I need to fight a DUI

FML Pt. 1: I need to fight a DUI

I had a similar situation happen to me almost exactly one year ago. I was in a drunken state and only 20feet from my apartment just off campus, and the police decided that I was a danger to myself, my roomate, and my girlfriend at the time (I was completely passive). And when I told them that I would sue them for harrasment they took it upon themselves to take me into custody. As they were putting handcuffs on me I turned my head to spit (I had been smoking ciggarettes all night) and the glob of spittle hit a female police officer right on the shoulder. Things changed to a whole different level after that and I spent the night in jail. Shitty.

Then the next day when I was given my charges I looked at paper and I noticed I was being charged for disturbing peace, resisting arrest, under influence in public, and assaulting an officer (because of the spit).
I fought the charges for months with a court appointed lawyer and I ended up taking no contest to drunk in public charge while all others were dropped. But I know if I had payed for a lawyer I would have had no charges. I suggest to you, take a loan or whatever you need to do to keep your license. Those charges have affected me as it has held me back a year from med school applications.

Anyways it is good that you are doing GRE and taking charge of the next step of your life, but it sounds to me that you need a change of pace from where you are living. Once you get things sorted out and finish GRE you should try to get out of where you are living and do something new.

Good luck with everything though dude, and don't worry about anything. It will all work out.

Messages In This Thread