rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Floyd "Money" Mayweather VS Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero

Floyd "Money" Mayweather VS Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero

I like this matchup, because Floyd haters like to say he doesn't challenge himself. There are some that will still express disappointment that he isn't fighting Pacquiao, but I'm not. Guerrero WILL be a great test for Floyd. I like when he fights aggressive fighters that bring to him. I think it brings out his best. Guerrero REALLY roughed up Berto, but Berto played into that because he's a bit of a brawler. Guerrero held and hit, but Berto had no counter for it. He's a poor defensive fighter.

I know Floyd is getting older, but I don't see him as a normal fighter. None of the things that age fighters really apply to him. He doesn't take beatings. He has a low punch output, so he hasn't burned himself out. He never danced around and moved that much. He takes incredible care of himself, in that he doesn't balloon up between fights only to have to struggle to make weight. Technically, age does get you at some point, but I really haven't seen significant slippage in Mayweather. Cotto marked him up a little because he sat on the ropes and simply let Cotto bang away. I expect him to win, but I'm still excited about the fight. I think it'll be a good one because Guerrero can only win by TRYING to rough Mayweather up.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread