rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the best language to learn for Eastern Europe?

What's the best language to learn for Eastern Europe?

Quote: (05-25-2010 01:43 PM)Shaman Wrote:  

Quote: (05-25-2010 09:24 AM)wolf Wrote:  

Ukrainian is useless. You only need it if you're going to a Ukrainian university.
I'm Ukrainian and I don't even speak Ukrainian. Most of the population speaks Russian. They teach Ukrainian and English from 1st grade, while Russian is taught from birth.

BINGO. THAT was useful!!! Thank you. If a fucking Ukrainian says you don't need to know Ukrainian, then you don't need to know Ukrainian. Russian it is. Oh, also how well would you say people speak English there?

I asked my dad he said quite a few people know English, you ask 3 people there is a good chance one will know English. I have two Ukrainian friends, they are fluent but they never speak Ukrainian, even with each other.

Also Russian humor is completely different, you can't just say a couple of words or some curse and people laugh, it's more like a story or a riddle and the last couple of words breaks everything down. I never understood it. In America it's easy, someone insults you, you insult them back harder and everyone laughs.

Messages In This Thread