rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin for a few month ?

Medellin for a few month ?

This is an interesting city. Have been there a few times. Prices vary tremendously in this city. I do not know for sure, but from what I hear, Parque LLeras and Poblado is the most expensive part of this city and the estimation to rent an apartment for in between 1500 and 2000 dollars a month confirms this. You can rent an apartment in the United States for less money than this. I would never go into a foreign country that is much less wealthy than the United States and pay more money there to live than I would here. It just doesn't make sense.

I personally think it depends what part of MDE you're referring to. Women down there love gringos, because they think all gringos are rich and have lots of money, which is definitely not true for everyone. Most were friendly, the strip clubs are good. There are lots of massage parlors, etc. It's easy to meet women. However, it's always nice to meet a woman who is not only interested in your wallet. Massage parlors and strip clubs are good for fun. I would not want to hang around women who only want me for my money, especially since they make almost nothing.

There are cheap places and also very expensive places. The way I look at it, if you go down to South America and stay in the most expensive part of the city, what's the point in even going there? You can find an apartment for less than 1000 dollars a month. It's always good to make friends with locals who can help find an apartment so prices are not inflated into gringo prices, which can happen.

Quote: (02-20-2013 09:16 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Taxis are cheap. Most of the time they will run you less than 5,000 pesos. which is about 2 or three USD. I didn't get scammed. But I speak spanish as my native tongue.

Alcohol is cheap. I could party all night and pay for shots for a girl and me at Mixology for less than 200,000 pesos.

A good apartment near Parque Lleras would run you $1,500 - 2,000 monthly if you meet a few people from around there.

Really, I was there from thursday morning to monday evening. I walked around with about 300,000 pesos + $100 USD. I didn't get mugged. I have an iPhone 5 which I use regularly. It didn't get stolen. I walked around wearing a Gucci watch, Ferragamo small bag, Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses (not bragging, just so you understand my point). I couldn't do that in some parts of Puerto Rico. In my opinion Medellin is much safer than Manhattan, or Puerto Rico (where I live). People I met told me Bogota was far more dangerous.

I never felt threatened in any way in Medellin.

Women are the most beautiful I've seen. They don't have the superiority complex American women have.

If you want to game women you have to do it in the day. In the night it will be FAR much harder.

Places I went and had a good time:
-Parque Lleras
-Barrio Colombia
-Premiun Mall
-Rio Sur

When time comes to leave Medellin, you won't want to leave. Trust me.

Messages In This Thread