rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The G Manifesto's Nightlife Preparation Formula

The G Manifesto's Nightlife Preparation Formula

Quote: (02-19-2013 06:48 PM)DVY Wrote:  

Alpha-lipoic acid is a potent anti-oxidant. Helps counter-react the effects of heavy drinking. I take the trader joe's brand. You can take up to 1,600mg/daily. I usually take 200 mg before drinking.

It helps modulate insulin sensitivity, which is great because alcohol throws all of that out of whack. Only problem, your piss smells like sulfur.

The days I dont take it, I wake up w/headaches and somewhat funky. W/the ALA I wake up sharp as a tack, pound down a coffee and am ready to go.

BTW G-manifesto, Alpha-lipoic-acid is one of the ingredients in the multi-vitamins that you prescribed but at a super-low dose. So, maybe take 200 mg before drinking, then your regular vitamins in the morning.

Magnesium does make you sleepy if you take a big dose, but I take a 200mg (i like nature's bounty, but I doubt it really matters) dose w/a meal. It should be fine. Alcohol drains a lot of your vitamins ESPECIALLY magnesium. Magnesium is found in leafy green veggies which I dont eat enough of.

Magneisum is similar to nature's valium. It makes me feel cool as a cucumber. I don't get excited as easily. I go to sleep easier afterwards too.

"Magnesium is unlikely to cure anxiety in everyone. Instead, the most likely reason that magnesium is so effective is because many people are experiencing the more pronounced anxiety symptoms as a result of their magnesium deficiency. By taking magnesium supplements, these individuals are no longer deficient, and any effects magnesium may have had on their health become less problematic.

Also, there is a significant connection between how the body feels and how the mind feels. When you take magnesium while you're not getting enough, your body is likely to feel better because every component of the 300+ processes is running correctly. That, in turn, will make your entire body feel healthier and more relaxed, which will improve your battle with anxiety."---http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/drugs/magnesium

Have you ever taken it post drinking?

Or is pre-drinking better?

Messages In This Thread