rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What does "Cultural Marxist" mean?

What does "Cultural Marxist" mean?

I frequently see reference to "Cultural Marxists" on blogs and in comments and I'm never quite sure what to make of it. I did a bit of reading on Wikipedia and as best I can determine, it means application of Marxist philosophies to culture. But that doesn't mean a whole lot to me, as 'Marxism' is a fairly vast topic.

Feminism is also a vast topic, but the term itself has some distinguishing features. The term 'feminist' can be easily applied to objective manifestations of feminine imperative and self-labeled members of the group. It's almost always clear from context what someone means when they say "feminist."

I'm not sure what cultural Marxist are supposed to look like. I don't know any self-labeled cultural Marxists. It's not easy for me to see connections between what I read about the philosophies and common themes. How would one show that something like say, fat acceptance, is (or is not) a "Cultural Marxist" movement?

Messages In This Thread