rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

Quote: (06-01-2013 02:14 PM)Vakarian Wrote:  

The reason selling expensive stuff sells well is because it exploits a basic heuristic in a person's brain.

Some people have wrongly concluded that because you get what you pay for that just because it is expensive it equals quality. Sellers know that some people automatically think price equals quality and exploit that fact.

People are inherently lazy to do research on their own, and will just assume that if something is more expensive, it is higher quality.

The laziness is so pervasive, people will even trust the seller to do the work and save them money.Mailed-out coupons that because of a printing error offered no savings to recipients produced just as much customer response as did error-free coupons that offered substantial savings. The obvious but instructive point here is that we expect discount coupons to do double duty. Not only do we expectthem to save us money, we also expect them to save us the time and mental energy required to think about how to do it.

These examples are from a great book called Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini. Its a great book that everyone should read because the principles can be applied not just to the consumer market but also to game.

Great book but that wasn't my point.

My point was, it's as easy to sell expensive stuff as it is cheap stuff. You go through the same steps, the same marketing, the same copy...

If your expensive stuff doesn't deliver, your refunds and charge backs go up.

Messages In This Thread