rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

I have been thinking about the many things I have done wrong making a living online and the things I have done right. I see many, many people trying to do the very same things I did wrong. Heck, many people are teaching what I consider the hard way of making cash.

If I were just starting out, I would give my younger self this advice.

Market Selection:

I actually got into selling stuff online while I was deep into real estate. I was lucky, that I was in a big market that spent a lot of money. Hell, it is a sub market to a much bigger one.

I would tell others to pick big markets. You have a ton of people coming into these markets daily creating a never ending supply of customers, more possible partnerships (never consider people competition), and the ability to sell more than one product to each customer.

Pick the markets that people tend to buy a lot of stuff. Selling something like how to get rid of acne will get you a sale but you have nothing to sell them afterwards. Now you look at something like dating, you have seen all the products that people are buying (text game, night game, day game, hipster game, celeb game, etc..)

Diversification is a growth killer:

I really believe people use diversification the wrong way in this business. They think they are protecting themselves by working multiple markets. They are actually hurting their growth because they can’t leverage their expertise, product creation, customers, and time to grow faster by concentrating on one big market.

The big markets we talked about before will never go under. There is no need for protection because thousands to millions of people are entering the market daily. You only have so much time in the day so it is better to work a market until you can’t squeeze anymore money out of it before moving on.

Once you build up your cashcow, and then invest it in something else that doesn’t require a lot of time. I am looking at equity lending myself.

Build a core of evergreen products:

Evergreen mainly means it won’t change over a long time. You don’t want to have to spit out product after product because the first product gets outdated quickly.

I see a ton of people having to do this. They can make good money doing it but it is labor intensive and after some time you’re running on a tread mill. You simply can’t scale your business and that is what everyone should be working towards.

By creating ever green products, once it is done, it will make you money for a long time allowing you to create more and more products.

Selling stuff like how to make money on facebook will probably have a limited shelf life. It doesn’t mean that it is a bad idea to create products like this. I am just saying your core business should be built on products with a larger shelf life and you can make additional money with the products like facebook.

Build a product line!

This is something I was a natural at. I just like creating stuff. Every product you create, you are giving yourself a raise. Not only are you putting more money into your pockets, you are also allowing yourself to be able to spend more money getting customers.

The people with only one product can’t spend much money to get a customers while still be profitable.

You, on the other hand, will be selling more products. That means you can even take a loss on the first product knowing you got 20 more to make up for it.

It is the fastest way to increasing your wallet size without having to get more customers.

It’s the Hussle:

People always worry about traffic. Writing tons of articles which is a waste of time in my opinion.

Like I said, I fell into the online stuff. I created a program for real estate to use for myself. There wasn’t anything really available that was good so I ended up creating one myself. I saw the value and decided that I would make some extra coin selling it to other investors. Why not, the hard work was done.

I created a butt ugly website for it. I didn’t put that much time into it. It didn’t really matter because it was good enough.

I contacted people in real estate clubs trying to get them to partner with me. Not everyone was interested but enough were to put some money into my pockets. I didn’t write any articles, I didn’t do ads, I didn’t do any seo mumbo jumbo. I did it old school and made deals with people.
Even today, I don’t have to worry about any of the stuff because I built up credibility and relationships. I just tell them I got a product and they hit their lists for a cut. Not to mention, I make lists from their sales that I can sell other things.

I was selling the software for 2k a pop and it sold quite a bit. I know many people say they could live just about anywhere for 2k a month. Imagine only selling one program a month to get that.

Sell expensive shit:

I have one list that has about 200 or so people on it. I just sent out an email and pocketed close to 4k last week. Just one email and a pathetically small list.

I am honestly impressed at how much Roosh is making on his books being they are priced so low. Too low in my opinion.

It really isn’t any more difficult selling an expensive product compared to a low priced on. Competing on price is bad form and a limiting mind set.
Your income will increase a ton simply by selling higher priced stuff.

I am not saying you don’t sell any low priced stuff. It really depends on the reason. It isn’t a bad idea to sell lower priced to get customers into your sales funnel in order to sell them higher priced products.

Honestly, I don’t even deal with lower priced product anymore.

By lower price, I mean sub $100.

I get a better customer that doesn’t give me a hard time; I get lower refunds and list that will make me much more money the way I am doing it.

Get your offer right and you will make sales:

I am not a copywriter. It is something I would like to work on but I don’t need too. I know that if my offer is spectacular, I will make money.

What is a spectacular offer?

One that makes you think, “Holy shit, I can’t believe I am doing this!” Roosh saw an increase when he started offering more bonuses and making the offer better.

The one thing I have found that works great is to offer a product for sale on a time frame. In fact, I will be doing this for most of my products. I have my products that build my lists and other products that will only be marketed to that list.

Here is how it works.

I have a group of products that I will sell periodically. I sell them for a week and then pull them off the marketplace. I am in the middle of building up that product line to where I will sell two products a month using this system. It will be available twice a year.

Sometimes people have to be pushed to purchase now or they will wait. This pushes the hell out of them but also tells them if they ever refunded they wouldn’t be able to get it again.

If you also add limited quantities you can punch up the price of the product as well. These are very powerful techniques that anyone can use. Again, I am no copywriter and I can’t tell you how great this stuff works.

Honestly, there is a ton more I could write but I need to get some work done. Haha

This stuff isn’t that difficult. We tend to make things more difficult.

Messages In This Thread