rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do Latin Americans feel about the Indigenous people?

How do Latin Americans feel about the Indigenous people?

Quote: (02-21-2013 08:33 PM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2013 05:02 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

I also wanted to add that in the US, the media kind of wants us to have a certain image of Latinos and that image is that a Latino is someone with brown skin and black hair. We have been told about this since we were born as to say to us that there is no such thing as a white latino. And this brainwashing comes from Hollywood. The tan skinned, with black hair look is a more exotic look than a white Latino. In American marketing a Brown skin Latina sells more than a White skinned latina. That why you saw Alba there with George Lopez kind of being thrown off and surprised she had a lot of European in her.

Some examples of this is Sofia Vergara. When Sofia came to the United States she came from Colombia and had blonde hair. People in Hollywood told her that she will have to dye her hair black if she wanted to make it in America so she did. Also she was told not to try to lose her thick accent because literally shes a Latin product. Another case is Salma Hayek who has black hair and brown features and a very thick accent. These women try not to lose their accents because thats what Hollywood wants. This is also the case for the Miss Universe competition who is owned by Donald Trump. Notice all the Latinas who win that competition like Miss Mexico, Miss Venezuela and even the last Miss USA are never white or blonde, thats because what sells and what is exotic is the more tan skined Latina look. Thats why you never see Miss Uruguay, Argentina, or Spain winning it because they dont have that perceived Latin look that the West like.

So I can see many Americans getting confused over Canelo being Mexican or not or Messi being Latino for instance, because we in the US have been told that a Latino or a Mexican is not white but brown with black hair.
Well, you even have people on this forum who say they don't like Mexican girls or that they're ugly which makes no sense. I don't know what kind of girls you could be into if you don't like white, light brown, dark brown or black ones.

Just for the record I like all kinds. Im not very picky when it comes to girls and race. Im just letting people know what goes on in the Hispanic community in general from experiences with family and my own analyzes of what goes on in Hollywood thats all. Just because my dad is probably a racist doesnt mean I am. Im just letting people here know what goes on and I like to keep it 110% without the political correctness. I do agree though that I think its ridiculous that many people here do not like Mexican girls which is appalling to me but I just think the people who say that havent been to the right places because if you know where to look Mexican girls are fucking amazing.

Messages In This Thread